Wednesday 28 December 2011

Smartboard

Hello everyone!
I would like to inform you about the Smartboard, which I think is a good alternative to use in the classroom.

What is a Smartboard?
A Smartboard is, as it says, a board with touch-function and there are many different ways to use it. You can use it as a regular whiteboard, a screen, playing different games, making tests, etc. When you buy a Smartboard you get a computer programme to install on your computer with different ways and ideas how to use it.



How does it work?
The Smartboard is connected to a computer, which is connected to a projector. Everything you write or do on the computer exposes on the Smartboard, and vice versa. With the Smartboard four different "pencils" resides in the colours, red, green, black and blue, and also a rubber.

The "pencils" does not work as regular pencils, they are connected to the Smartboard with batteries and, as mentioned before, everything you write on the Smartboard appears on your computer, so that you can save everything you do and use it again or just remember what was said.

How can it be used by teachers?
With the following computer programme you can use already existing files, like games, tests or quizzes or make your own. For example you can make a test about all the European countries where the pupils have to point them out. The Smartboard tells them if their answer is right or wrong. You can make the tests into fun team-games and make it fun for the pupils to learn.

How can it be used by the students?
The Smartboard is a great way for the pupils to learn and use modern technology. They can use it as a tool while they have oral presentations, showing Powepoint's or pictures. They can also make their own quizzes to the rest of the class, or just show a movie.

Learn more
Do you want to learn more about the Smartboard? Visit
http://smarttech.com/SmartBoard.

- Stephanie Skärheden

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!

    I think you did a good job with your Blog post about Smart board. It is very structured and easy to read, and I really want to know more! I'm actually really glad that you wrote about Smart board since I am very interested in this ICT resource as a future teacher. I have never tried it as a teacher on my teacher practice, though, I have been introduced to it and tried out what one can do with it. I have to say that I think it is an amazing resource, and environment-friendly. I mean, think about it? You will never again have to copy one piece of paper to each of your pupils when you are about to give them instructions. No, easy and handily everything is on your Smart board, and you do not have to rewrite the things you have done or go over all your maps of paper to find you lectures. Everything is saved in your Smart board and computer, and that is amazing for us scatterbrains!

    I was also kind of surprised when I read in your blog that one can have tests and exams on these Smart boards? Actually I'm so overexcited here that I want to get one for myself right away! Think about all the things one can do with this? As a teacher and with your students?

    The only thing I got concerned about is when you involve your pupils in a review or a test on the Smart board, how do you get everyone to participate? Or does all pupils buy this? Is this resource inappropriate for some pupils? It would have been nice to know a little more about how it works out in class, what it takes to get a Smart board, the price of it and how teachers get to know how to use it? Do teachers need to get lectured about it or do one just read the manual?
    Also, is this a resource for all teachers?

    Thank you for your Blog post about Smartboard, it really got me interested! You have done a good job, I only wish there was more for me to read about it and maybe, one more picture!!

    Maybe I should click on that link of yours? ;)
    // Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie!

    I found your blogpost about Smartboard very interesting. I have heard about Smartboard before but I have never understood how it works and that it can be used in many different ways. You gave a clear and interesting content that was easy to understand. I believe that pupils will find it interesting and be motivated to learn more English since the learning process will be more fun with a Smartboard that gives them alternative ways to learn.
    However, Smartboard is a new tool and not many schools have the opportunity to have it in their classrooms. However, it is getting more popular and I think that in the close future most schools will have it. This is a tool that I would like to have the opportunity to use in my classroom.

    Good job!

    Greetings Zejnebe

    ReplyDelete